Po symbolicznej edycji w 2020 roku Jazz nad Odrą powraca w pełnej krasie. Pięć dni koncertów na trzech scenach, gwiazdy polskiego i światowego jazzu oraz tradycyjne jam session do rana – Strefa Kultury Wrocław odkrywa pierwsze karty tegorocznego programu.
Today’s Polanica-Zdroj is a spa town with fewer than 7,000 inhabitants. It is located at an altitude of 355-430 m a.s.l. The surrounding Sudetes are not very high mountains but they are captivating with their beauty, picturesqueness and immaculate purity as there is no heavy industry in the area. The spa is located in the picturesque valley of the Bystrzyca Dusznicka River.
Learn about the accommodation and treatment offer in Polanica-Zdroj Spa Town
Polanica-Zdroj is a town that combines the charm of a mountain town with a rich spa and recreation offer. This is a very important tourist centre on the map of Klodzko Land surrounded by the Table and Bystrzyca Mountains. Klodzko County resort hosts tourists from various parts of the country throughout the year. This is a special place because it opens up to seniors, families with children, as well as all those who want to spend time actively or relax and distance themselves to the pace of today’s world. A beautiful landscape full of old trees, old rhododendrons, magical nooks and avenues can be admired in the Spa Park located in the heart of Polanica. The nearby Spa Theatre provides residents and tourists a varied cultural offer on summer days or winter evenings and a large gastronomic and accommodation base offers exquisite home-made dishes and high-quality health resorts and spa centres.
Each season of the year reveals a different scenery of the spa. Full of scenic views walking, cycling, cross-country or downhill routes and trails are maintained throughout the year. The proximity of other towns of Klodzko Land and the Czech borderland makes a weekend or a holiday in Polanica-Zdroj an excellent choice.
Polanica-Zdroj is a health resort best known among its Sudeten brothers and sisters. It is located in the western part of Klodzko Land, at an altitude of about 380 m a.s.l., at the mouth of the Hell Valley dominated by the Wolarz peak (850 m a.s.l.) and the forest-covered Kamienna (Stone) Mountain (704 m a.s.l.). The Bystrzyca Dusznicka river flows through the centre of the town right from its spring in the Orlica Mountains. The spa and recreation area of Polanica – Zdroj is located on the sunny gentle south-eastern slopes of the first hills of the Table Mountains. Their higher parts are covered by forests stretching along the entire range and connecting with the huge forest complex of the Bystrzyca Mountains. These two mountain ranges are separated from each other by a deep Hell Valley (Natura 2000 protected area) with the Bystrzyca Dusznicka river flowing among the boulders.
Polanica is famous for its mineral waters with various healing properties. There are three types of water in the very town: ‘Staropolanka’ from the ‘Pieniawa Jozefa’ intake, ‘Wielka Pieniawa’ obtained from the spring of the same name and ‘Staropolanka 2000’ from the P-300 spring.
The spa mainly treats cardiological diseases and hypertension, digestive system diseases and peripheral vascular diseases.
Polanica-Zdroj is also the centre of many cultural, sporting and tourist events. Cyclical events include:
• International Akiba Rubinstein Chess Tournament
• ‘That is Kazio’ Maria Czubaszek’s Festival
• International Festival of Cooperative Artist Cooperatives ‘Polish Rainbow’
• Bike Marathon
• Polish Nordic Walking Cup
NURSING HOME AND HOSPITAL FACILITIES IN POLANICA ZDROJ
– ‘Wielka Pieniawa’ Spa Hospital, 4 Parkowa street, 57-320 Polanica Zdroj, phone: +48 74 86 80 217, +48 74 86 81 447. The therapeutic profile is cardiology, organs of movement and gastrology. The total number of beds is 181. The facility has single, double and triple rooms and suites. The hospital has a reception, a dining room, a TV room, doctor’s offices, nurses and elevators, the hospital is also connected to the Natural Medicine Centre. The distance from the hospital to the railway station is about 1.4 km, from the bus station it is about 300 m. The Service Office is located in the hospital building.
– ‘Zdrowie’ Spa Hospital, 2 Konopnickiej street, 57-320 Polanica Zdroj, phone +48 74 86 80 209, +48 74 86 80 222. The therapeutic profile is cardiology and early post-hospital rehabilitation. The hospital has 72 beds. Single, double and triple rooms with bathrooms. The Spa Hospital has a dining room, a TV room, an elevator, an ECG office, an intensive cardiac supervision room, a nursing room and a doctor’s office. The distance from the hospital to the railway station is about 1.5 km. The distance from the hospital to the bus station is about 400 m. The distance from the Service Office and the Natural Medicine Centre is about 50 m.
– ‘Carmen’ Spa Nursing Home, 5 Ogrodowa street, 57-320 Polanica Zdroj, phone +48 74 86 80 301, +48 74 86 80 281. Treatment profiles – cardiology, gastrology and the musculoskeletal system. The sanatorium has 53 beds. Single, double and triple rooms with bathrooms. The sanatorium has medical and nursing offices, a paging installation, TV-SAT, an elevator. The distance from the railway station is about 1.6 km, from the bus station about 500 m, from the Service Office and the Natural Medicine Centre about 100 m.
– ‘Korab’ Spa Nursing Home, 5 Kryniczna street, 57-320 Polanica Zdroj, phone: +48 74 86 81 675 The treatment profiles in the sanatorium are cardiology, motor organs, gastrology and nephrology. The sanatorium has 74 beds. Single, double and triple rooms have a bathroom and a telephone. The sanatorium has a dining room, 2 TV rooms (satellite TV), a doctor’s office, a nursing room and an elevator. The ‘KORAB’ sanatorium is located in the Spa Park, the distance to the Mineral Water Pump Room is about 100 m. The distance from the sanatorium to the railway station is about 1.5 km. The distance from the sanatorium to the bus station is about 400 m. The distance from the sanatorium to the Natural Medicine Centre and the Service Office is about 100 m.
– ‘Szarotka’ Spa Nursing Home, 1 Kryniczna street, 57-320 Polanica Zdroj, phone: +48 74 86 81 463, +48 74 86 80 352. The therapeutic profiles in the sanatorium are cardiology, motor organs and gastrology. The total number of beds is 52. Single and double rooms have a bathroom. The sanatorium has a dining room, a doctor’s office, a nurses’ station and an elevator. The nursing home is adapted to receive the disabled. The distance from the sanatorium to the Mineral Water Pump Room and the Natural Medicine Centre is about 100 m. The distance from the sanatorium to the railway station is about 1.5 km. The distance from the sanatorium to the bus station is about 400 m. The distance from the Service Office is about 80 m.
Health Resort Polanica – Zdroj
Customer Service Office
4 Parkowa street, Polanica Zdroj, phone: +48 74 86 80 371, + 48 74 86 80 370, +48 74 86 80 200, +48 74 86 81 447
Fax. : +48 74 86 80 300,
Lower Silesia is a wealth of bicycle routes. Discover the best of the many routes!
Shared moments with the family, sports adventures, discovering the region from the perspective of two wheels - all this can be offered by Lower Silesia
Peace and quiet, unpaved routes - that sounds like slow travel. See the Slow Travel map of Lower Silesia with attractions in the spirit of slow tourism
It is no coincidence that Ząbkowice Śląskie, called the City of the Leaning Tower and Frankenstein, is an extraordinary town in Lower Silesia with unique attractions. It is here that the only such Leaning Tower is located and it is in Ząbkowice Śląskie that the terrible story about Frankenstein has its roots.
The fact that the land of Kłodzko has been a great place to relax for centuries can be attributed to the wonderful natural values and the crystal clear springs of the spas. The central point of the region, the Kłodzko Valley, is surrounded by the following mountains: Bardzkie, Sowie, Suche, Stołowe, Bystrzyckie, Orlickie, the Śnieżnik Massif, Bialskie and Złote.
The areas belonging to the Lądek-Zdrój Commune are located in the Kłodzko Valley, in the Eastern Sudetes, at the south-west end of the Lower Silesia Province.